Unified Communications: If You Can See It,
You Can Improve It
By Mike Horn, Sales Director
Many people are familiar with the famous quote by management consultant, educator, and author, Peter Drucker: “What gets measured gets managed.” In sales and operations this simple truth has been the catalyst for the growth and success of many familiar name brands.
In the realm of unified communications, effective integration, monitoring and management of various communication devices results in improved business communications, productivity, reduced costs, and enhanced user experiences. Marketing platforms such as HubSpot and IT Service Management platforms like ServiceNow are experiencing tremendous growth because their customers embrace the solution’s real-time visibility and robust reporting capabilities. The analytics and tools available with these platforms enable customers to effectively automate and measure marketing campaigns, forecast sales and tweak their operations with great precision.
For large enterprises, communication systems that touch every business unit are configured and licensed to accommodate specific business needs. For example, having visibility into key metrics across integrated communication systems enables management to identify and resolve problems before they impact services. Additionally, by monitoring and auditing the usage of communication resources, managers gain visibility into how assets are being utilized in the organization, including real-time and historical data usage views.
Executives and communication team managers who need better visibility for business planning should consider tools and solutions that offer real-time monitoring and communication resources optimization to improve their business operations.
Solution features include:
- Maintaining an inventory of communication resources and tracking usage and licenses.
- Monitoring, auditing and logging communication system configuration changes.
- Sending alerts to administrators (based on definable parameters) when changes are made to mission critical telephony resources.
- Generating usage reports on demand or on a scheduled basis for phones, contact center agent IDs and voice mailboxes.
- Consolidating and generating custom reports across multi-vendor systems.
- Detailing communication resource usage via robust dashboards
- Identifying idle communication resources (based on a definable period of time).
- Generating idle resource reports and sending alerts to specific email addresses.
- Reclaiming idle communication resources and make them available for re-use
- Enabling bulk provisioning to create phones, contact center IDs and voice mailboxes from pre-defined templates and range specifications.
- Enabling bulk de-provisioning to remove phones, contact center agent logins and voice mailboxes.
What Gets Measured Gets Improved
Peter Drucker also said, “What gets measured gets improved.” As a business consultant, Drucker pushed his clients to simply stop making plans and to start taking action that would lead to improvement. His way of thinking positively impacted large enterprises all around the globe. In the world of unified communications, one key strategy to improve an organization’s ROI is by measuring, managing, and optimizing licenses and communication resources. To stay competitive with the pace of digital transformation today, large enterprises need real-time metrics and the ability to control and improve their communication environments. Being able to manage and measure unified communication automation enhancements will lead organizations one step closer to improving their bottom line.
Contact us to learn how we can transform the way you manage your unified communications and contact centers. Or subscribe to our blog for insights about industry tends, automated communication management solutions, and more.